Earlier in the week the advertising and search engine giant Google ran an ad in the Globe and the National Post to advertise search engine ad effectiveness. While it may not seem like a big deal, the ad that Google ran has sparked lots of discussion and debate about the viability of print ads, and the power of online marketing. Here are some great tips on how you should be harnessing the power of digital medical marketing.
- Know who you’re targeting. Even with a fancy medical marketing campaign, if you’re not targeting the right audience, your medical marketing results are going to suffer. By focusing keywords for a specific location, you can focus on where your practice is located, and Google’s search results will reflect that. Using localized SEO helps Google to populate location specific search results. Making sure that your advertisement has rich and effective keywords, is the first step in creating an effective online medical marketing push.
- Make sure you have some type of analytics installed. If you can’t measure how much user traffic is engaging with your ad, then you can’t make the necessary improvements. Google Analytics is a free tool that provides enough data to make a statistician blush. It’s extremely user friendly and easy to install. The Google Analytics dashboard can be customized to deliver a variety of data, and using its advanced segments reporting tool will give you a great deal of quick glance information.
- Convert on that click. When your medical marketing ad starts to drive traffic, it’s important to have a proper place for that traffic to land, a landing page. Creating an effective landing page can be a game changer. Your medical landing page allows you to offer prospective patients downloadable content or services in exchange for information. Links that allow for social sharing, as well as immediate fulfillment of promised goods, are key techniques for an effective landing page.
- Use the data from your landing pages for email marketing. Once you’ve collected some pertinent data from your landing pages, it’s time to tap into it. Medical email marketing campaigns are an extremely effective platform when implemented properly. Make sure your call to action is effective and easy to understand. Take a look at our free ebook for some great information about email marketing.
- Take a peek at what your competitors are up to. Checking out what your competition is doing is a great way to get your creative juices flowing. Being aware of the online presence of other practices in your community will give you an idea of what changes and improvements are needed for your own online marketing efforts. Our Inbound Advisor tool is a great way to gain detailed insight to your practices marketing efforts.
If there’s one thing the Google print ad did, it got people talking. The discussion of print versus online marketing is something that will be debated for a long time. The effectiveness of your practices online marketing is something that shouldn’t be debated. Good, focused, and effective marketing will get your on the right track.