As the medical world continues to wrap its brain around social media platforms our Healthcare Social Media world grows. This week in review has expert opinions on the strengths and weaknesses of the current state of Healthcare Social Media, as well as what’s new in India’s social media world. So, sit back and enjoy this week’s Healthcare Social Media Review.
- Kicking things off is an interesting article from the Maryland Physician. In the article KevinMD, Dr. Christopher Runz, and Dr. Steven Davis discuss six reasons the medical community should be using social media. There are also some great quotes from some of the leaders in the Healthcare Social Media world. Social Media: Physician Bane or Benefit?
- This next article touches on a core part of social media, learning. Dr. Brian McGowan writes about social learning and the evolution of what’s on medicines plate. Dr. McGowan and a team of others are currently in the process of creating an understanding of “how docs are using social media to share medical information and support their own continuing professional development.” A Critical Use of Social Media in Medicine is for Learning
- Did you know that India has a new Cardiology focused social media network? Well they do! Neelesh Bhandari writes about the new social media network that’s called Cardiology India. The network uses Facebook, Twitter, and weekly newsletters. India’s Fastest Growing Healthcare Social Media Network for Cardiology
- Dr. Luks writes a short, yet to the point post about the current state of Healthcare Social Media. While the community continues to grow and expand, social media failures still litter the landscape. Medical Social Media- failures still litter the landscape
- Lastly, a quick A-Z of how the healthcare community is and can use the social media platform Twitter. Twitter & Healthcare A-Z
Any thoughts on this weeks Healthcare Social Media Review? Did we miss something? Leave a comment below, send us a message on Twitter @MDWebPro, let us know on Facebook, or on Google +. We’d love to hear from you!