It’s been a very busy week at MDWebPro. Other than keeping up to date on the newest trends and insight within the healthcare social media world, we’ve been very busy finalizing our newest healthcare email marketing eBook. The latest Pew Research findings were released about Internet search data and healthcare, as well as new Facebook search capabilities in the form of Facebook Graph. Besides these interesting and exciting developments, there were also some really interesting posts, infographics, and conversations within the healthcare community. Here is this week’s Healthcare Social Media Week in Review.
- Social media has helped to level the communication playing field for all healthcare community members. In this infographic Allied Health World does a great job displaying ways people are using social health. The infographic also displays insights like how people are using social media for health, and how doctors are using social media. Infographic: A Tweet a Day Keeps the Doctor Away
- Inventions in the medical world have changed how care is provided. CT scans, MRI’s, and mobile health are relatively new in the medical world. Check out this infographic on the 10 greatest medical inventions of the past 50 years.
- The hashtag is not just a fun way to send a message via Twitter. It’s a tool within a tool. Using a hashtag is a way to organize, filter, and even display information. The use of hashtags in healthcare social media help and guide engagement in all arenas. This article discusses how and why hashtags are important in healthcare. 5 Reasons Hashtags Matter in Healthcare
- Last night’s #hcsm chat session opened an interesting dialogue about online physician reviews. Does the online review really affect a doctor’s online reputation? In this article, John Luginbill discusses 3 reasons why a physician’s online reputation is essential.
- Interviewing an expert in the healthcare social media community is always interesting and insightful. MDWebPro had the opportunity to chat with the Russell Faust aka the Boogor Doctor. Dr. Faust is also the co-founder, CEO, and Chief Medical Officer of Anicca Media, LLC. Take a peek at the interview with Dr. Faust. Interview with Dr. Russell Faust on Healthcare Social Media
Do you have any additional thoughts on this week’s Healthcare Social Media Week in Review? Did we miss something? Leave a comment below, send us a message on Twitter @MDWebPro, let us know on Facebook, or on Google +. We’d love to hear from you!