Building and maintain a solid email list to use in marketing your practice requires constant vigilance. The reason? Your email marketing list degrades by about 25% every year. People move, they change email addresses, mark you as spam, they opt-out. These are all realities.
Because email lists are not static but rather evolving, it is essential you are constantly adding fresh prospects to your email marketing campaigns so you can keep your numbers moving up. Here are 22 simple and easy to implement ways to help you keep that email list moving in the right direction.
1) Remarkable email content.
2) New lead-generating Offers
3) Online webinars that collect email addresses at registration
4) Resources that require users to sign up with their email address
5) QR codes people can scan to opt in to your email database
6) Online contests that require entrants to sign up or submit with their email address
7) Custom tabs on your Facebook page that have an email signup call-to-action
8) Promotions on an affiliate website to collect email addresses from a fresh source
9) Email addresses collected at offline events like workshops
10) Social sharing buttons and “Email to a Friend” buttons that encourage people to share your content.
11) Google AdWords email Capture Ads
12) Multiple email subscriptions types to send more targeted content to specific segments of your followers
13) Guest blogging opportunities with calls-to-action and links in your author byline
14) Twitter campaigns to promote an offer like an eBook or a free resource
15) Facebook business page promotion for offers that require an email address submission
16) Google+ business page offers that require an email signup
17) Pinterest promotions that require email signup.
18) YouTube videos that include calls-to-action and URLs at the end of the videos
19) Traditional advertising, like direct mail, that encourages people to join your email list
20) Link to offers that capture email signups throughout your website.
21) Reinvigorate a stale email list with an opt-in campaign. Create an engaging opt-in message and send it to your old list encouraging contacts who wish to re-opt-in and promising to remove all contacts who don’t respond.
22) A co-marketing webinar with a partner who promotes the registration to their audience.
These are a few examples of things you can start doing today to increase your business email database. Many of them are not complicated or difficult to implement. The key is to attack email list-building from as many angles as possible. As you grow your email list with fresh, opt-in contacts, you’ll be able to nurture them with middle-of-the-funnel offers that allow you to convert early-stage leads into sales-ready leads.