If one of your medical practices goals for 2013 is to drive more traffic to your website or blog, then you’re in luck. Web traffic can come in a wide spectrum of ways like social media, direct traffic, social bookmarks, and organic search results. Getting potential and current patients to your website doesn’t need to be a thorn in your side and can be a pretty enjoyable and rewarding experience. Check out these five tips for driving traffic to your healthcare blog or website.
- Keywords- Content creation is king when it comes to bring in traffic to a blog or website. The more current and relevant content your medical website has under its belt the better it fairs with the all mighty Google. While you are creating content it’s important to make a conscious effort to include rich keywords that will make search engines salivate. Including keywords in a blog post means paying attention in your title or headline too! A great resource for keyword and content marketing is the MDWebPro Inbound Advisor.
- Newsletter- Does your practice send out a regular newsletter to keep your patients in the loop? Does your newsletter bring traffic back to your website or blog? If it’s not, it should! Your monthly newsletter blast is a great way to showcase some of the top posts throughout the previous month. Adding content snippets with a clickable link to your newsletter keeps your email list informed and gives them easy access to your practices website.
- Social Bookmarks- This step may be a little labor intensive, but can be a great direct traffic payoff. Websites like Digg, StumbleUpon, Reddit, and Delicious are great places to not only find interesting and pertinent content, but to also create useful and interesting content.
- Social Media- You’re probably thinking social media is here for the long haul. As a healthcare community member the use of social media should be a no brainer. Engaging with other physicians in your specialty, reaching out to prospective patients, or staying current on your favorite Justin Bieber news (just kidding). These are all example of what you can do with social media. Harnessing the power of social media can be another great way to bring traffic to your medical blog or website. If you need some support with social media, check out this great eBook!
- Email Signature- If your clinic is going to be communicating via email, adding your website or blog address to the signature section is another great way to convert traffic to your website. A lot of times just seeing a link can be enough of a reminder to people that your website is around. Use your email signature to get patients to your site and use your great content to keep them there!
Web traffic comes in all different shapes and size. If you’re offering spectacular content on your website, make sure people are coming to read and engage with it. Being active and involved with social media, creating keyword rich content, and giving patients enticing reasons to come see what you have to offer are great ways to drive traffic to your site. Your clinic is doing wonderful things, so make sure people know about it!